Tuesday, September 17, 2019

RECOMMITMENT TO THE OLD BLOG

Changes in the Letters
Birdland is evolving as always. I got lazy posting on this blog when I realized that the News Gazette made these letters available electronically. Then I migrated to Instagram (@birdlandletters) and Twitter (also @birdlandletters).

But my column took a hit (as did most of the country's newspapers) with the tariffs (first on Canadian newsprint and then on aluminum). The News Gazette cut most of us columnists down from weekly to twice a month, so readers who depended on a link in my Twitter to get their dose of Birdland would only get to read half of the columns.

I'm going to try to keep up by posting every week (and even catch up a little, by back-posting some old columns) but it won't be easy to add one more little task to my weekly routine. You can help me by letting me know (through comments here, or liking when I post links on social media) that you are reading these letters.

You can also help by joining in to keep our local papers afloat. Consider subscribing to the Piatt County Journal Republican (which does still publish the letters each week) or the News Gazette. You can support Birdland and a Free(ish) Press!

No comments:

Post a Comment